Myriam Abramson wrote:
Hi!

I started to use Beamer.
I get this error with Beamer 3.05 and LyX 1.3.5 on the example file
beamerlyxexample1.lyx provided with Beamer:

Package xcolor Error: Undefined color `averagebackgroundcolor'.
 ...beamerexample!10!averagebackgroundcolor)}

I do have xcolor installed in the texmf tree and I did a texhash.
Thanks for any info.

Looks like a bug with Beamer; might be that averagebackgroundcolor was defined in earlier versions and leaked through to the recent versions. I'll e-mail Till Tantau to let him know.

Meanwhile, as a workaround, you can (in LyX) go to Layout | Document | Preamble and replace every instance of averagebackgroundcolor with bg (which is the background color in effect for the current slide). I'm not sure it will produce exactly the visual effect Till had in mind, but it will at least produce output. :-)

-- Paul