From: catlady2112 <answers.k...@gmail.com>
Subject: (",)  I'm a newbie
To: ma-network@yahoogroups.com
Date: Saturday, December 5, 2009, 9:52 PM

      Hi!  I have tried to approach doing mail art twice, but I could never
quite "get it" in terms of who to send mail to and how to receive it.

I just read the book "good Mail Day"  and learned there that you can casually
mail your art to another mail artist and there is an assumption that they will
probably you back one of theirs.  Is this true?

I'm pretty laid back sort of person and don't really want to add extensive
documentation to my life.  I just want to create fun things to send out and
ideally receive mail art to hang on my wall.

Where do I begin at sending mail art to?  Who do I send it to and how do I find
their mailing addresses? Is is possible to see their mail art style?

I am a greeting card designer by trade, so mail art sounds like a more
self-expressive playful process than what I normally do.  I have a professional
greeting card designer blog I was thinking of featuring mail artists on too
http://kateharperbl og.blogspot. com/

Thanks for all your help ahead of time!-Kate