Hi Edward,

Edward alonzo wrote:

> Wow what a great e-mail.
> One quick question is there a way to pause your recordings if you
> start up in express mode?
> Edward Alonzo and SeeingEye dog Andre

Express mode just uses the quick start and stop of shaking, so I'd
probably just take a series of separate recordings in Express mode and
then join them together on my computer.  If I wanted to append to an
Express mode recording -- say I needed to capture something quickly,
like instructions from someone -- I'd make the recording in Express
mode, then if I had time to add commentary I would move to the
Recorder screen to add.  The sequence would go like this:
1. In Express mode shake to start and then shake again to stop recording
2. Touch the "Recordings" button at the bottom center and quickly
double tap anywhere on the screen
3. Flick right 4 times to the "more info" button and double tap
anywhere on the screen (this is now on the "All Recordings" screen,
and the flicks take you from the "Categories" button to the "All
Recordings" screen name, "Edit" button, name of the last Express
recording, and then its "more info" button)
4. Flick right 4 times to the "Record" button and double tap anywhere
on the screen to append to your original recording and double tap
again to stop (these flicks take you from the name of the recording,
e.g. "Express 1", to the time information fields "0:00 of 1:50", for
example, to the "Record" button.)
5. Flick right 3 times to the "Title" button and double tap anywhere
on the screen, then use the delete key of the virtual keyboard to
delete the "Express 1" name and type in another name. Double tap the
"Done" button at the bottom right of the virtual keyboard when you're
finished.
6. Touch the "Categories" button and double tap. Touch the picker item
and swipe up or down to select a category, then flick left to "Done"
and double tap to commit changes.
7. Touch the "Actions" button at the bottom right and double tap.
Double tap the "Save Recordings" button at the top of the list.
8.  You'll be back at the "All Recordings" page with focus on the
"Categories" button.  Just double tap to go up a level to the "Select
Category" page. Now if you go down the list view and choose the
category you selected from the picker item, you'll find your newly
named recording in this folder.  If the existing categories (e.g.
"Great Ideas", "Lectures", "Meetings", "Reminders", "To Do", etc.)
aren't enough for you, use the "Add" button at the top right (or two
flicks right from where you enter the "Select Category" page) to
custom create a new folder.

You can customize your preferences with the "Settings" button (at the
bottom right). For example, you can set the app to open at the Express
Mode page when the app is launched.  Or you could have recordings sent
to yourself or a friend or contact after an Express recording is
finished.  (I have my action set to "Save" here.)  You can also select
the Audio quality of the recording at the Settings screen, but you
probably want to leave it to the normal encoding setting for most
purposes.

If I needed to have the Express mode clips joined into a single
recording, I'd probably transfer the tracks to my computer using the
VoxieSync button on the Recordings page, and then open them up in
sound editor like Amadeus Pro (for the Mac), which can join tracks,
convert to mp3 or other format, and perform noise editng.  If these
were separate meeting notes I'd probably keep them as snippets, edit
the names of the tracks before transferring them, then add them all
into iTune (where I would convert them to mp3), but then put them into
the same "album" by using File > Get Info to edit tag entries of
selected tracks.

A podcaster would probably make a lot more use of this app than I do,
since there are other features for long recording described at the
Bottle Rocket support site.

HTH

Cheers,

Esther