Hi,

You need to call osso.Context() somewhere in your code, preferably in
the beginning of main function. You'll also need to call osso.close()
in the end of your code. Something like this:

import osso

if __name__ == "__main__":

   osso_ctx = osso.Context(thummim, <version>, False)
   <some code>
   osso_ctx.close()

Best Regards, Etrunko.

On 8/9/07, Tony Maro <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I'm trying to follow the instructions at
> http://maemo.org/development/documentation/how-tos/3-x/python_maemo_3.x_howto.html
>
> I have the icon launching my app just fine, but when I use the
> "X-Osso-Service" and a .service dbus file, I get something odd.
>
> It tells me "Starting app" in the top right, and the application starts just
> fine.
>
> Then, after about 20 seconds, the app closes.  If I launch it without using
> X-Osso-service, it of course gives no notification that the app is opening,
> but it opens and stays open.
>

> Here's my thummim.desktop file:
>
> [Desktop Entry]
> Encoding=UTF-8