Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 00:22:20 -0500 (COT)
From: Pablo Chamorro C. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: two bugs in Mailman 2.1.3, one is critical for private maillists

Dear developers,

I found two bugs, the first one is critical for private maillists:

1. When a user changes its password, the web authentication against the
private archives or the membership options pages fails!.  You can
reproduce this bug even with this list like I did.  I tried only with
2.1.3, not with 2.1.2 nor others.

2. The email delivery on/off commands don't work!. To try with 'set
delivery on' I had to set delivery off using the web interface but neither
it works by email. In both cases Mailman shows: "delivery option set", but
the changes are not done.  This bug ocurrs also with the Mailman versions
included with RH 9 (2.1-8 and 2.1.1-4).  I used: set authenticate
<password> and as a second line: set delivery off/on as I wrote, but set
show returns the same.

Please tell me if I'm wrong, and help me please that I'm implementing some
private mailing lists for my institution.  If there is no an easy (early)
solution, could you please inform me, if the fixed bug reported in the
release notes for Mailman 2.1.3 related to Postfix is valid for Mailman
2.1.1 or only for Mailman 2.1.2?

For the first one:

------ begin ------

Bug in Mailman version 2.1.3

We're sorry, we hit a bug!

If you would like to help us identify the problem, please email a copy of
this page to the webmaster for this site with a description of what
happened. Thanks!
Traceback:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/mailman-2.1/scripts/driver", line 87, in run_main
    main()
  File "/usr/local/mailman-2.1/Mailman/Cgi/options.py", line 206, in main
    password, user):
  File "/usr/local/mailman-2.1/Mailman/SecurityManager.py", line 219, in
WebAuthenticate
    print self.MakeCookie(ac, user)
  File "/usr/local/mailman-2.1/Mailman/SecurityManager.py", line 228, in MakeCookie
    raise ValueError
ValueError

Thank you very much in advance.

Pablo Chamorro C.