Does anyone here know of any message feedback mechanism that can be added to
Mailman?  I'm looking to add a web-based rating mechanism.  Initially, the
idea is to let people give others negative feedback points, but the price of
doing so is that you received a percentage of a point yourself, thus
creating a disincentive for downgrading a lot of other people.

I'm not interested in debating the ethics or efficacy of such a mechanism
right now, but I'd be more than happy to hear suggestions about how to make
it work properly.  I expect it to be relatively simple -- addition of a code
identifying the sender and recipient, which feed back via a CGI to Apache
and then MySQL.  I'm a bit concerned about the implicit slowdown in
delivery, but I'm not looking at a high-volume list yet.  That's the
one-click approach.  Otherwise, I could munge something into the archives,
but that'll require login to identify who's voting.

Any and all suggestions will be welcome.  Pointers on the best place(s) to
touch the code will be gratefully accepted.

Nick

(408) 904-7198