You want to run the "admin" and "admindb" cgi's using https, but all the
other Mailman cgi's (like listinfo) using http...

I don't think you can do that with the current versions, at least not
without modifying the code.  This does seem like it would be a simple
hack to the code though....

Yes.  I just peaked at the code, and you could easily add a new variable
to ~mailman/Mailman/mm_cfg.py - something like Admin_URL and
Admindb_URL.  Then hack Admin.py and Admindb.py so that they used those
URL values instead of the default.

Good Luck - Jon Carnes