Hello,

> When I send email to the mailing list running Mailman, I don't get any
> emails. Nor can I see any activity as a List owner. Do I need to set
> up any other features?
I assmue that you are subscribed to that lists.

If you are using Mailman 2.1.x then you are probably forgot to start
the mailmanctl, start it something like this:

# /usr/local/mailman/bin/mailmanctl start

And if you want to start whenever you system starts, then you have
to copy the mailman script from the /usr/local/mailman/scripts
dir to /etc/init.d and setup some symbolic links. If you are
using RedHat or Mandrake, then you can do it this with the chkconfig
util:

# cp /usr/local/mailman/scripts/mailman /etc/init.d/mailman
# chkconfig --add mailman

For other systems read the end of the 4th chapter of the INSTALL doc.

If you are using an older Mailman, like version 2.0.x, then you forget
to set up the crontab entries. Check the Mailman's crontab:

# crontab -l -u mailman

If the answer is an empty screen, then you have to set up the Mailman's
crontab:

# crontab -e -u mailman < /home/mailman/cron/crontab.in

If this doesn't solve your problem, write another email to this
mailing lists and tell us how did you install Mailman (from source
or from a package), what steps made you during install, and what
kind of system are you using?

Szilard Vizi