Hi Carlos,

2010/3/21 Carlos Enrique López Garcés <ccaarlo...@gmail.com>:
> Good evening Mapnik community,
> I've been searching for information about the 'Better Print Support' project
> idea and I was wondiering if anyone could tell me how to contact Tom Carden.
> He submitted the project idea, so I thought it would be a good idea to ask
> him about it. Any suggestions will be really appreciated. Thanks.

It's also worth having a look at the code on the (abandoned) wxpdf
branch. See this post (and others by Ben) to have a look:

http://www.mail-archive.com/mapnik-devel@lists.berlios.de/msg00140.html

it has/had some cool features which could be worth porting to a
Cairo-based PDF renderer.
 * paper sizes/scale calculations
 * grids/graticules
 * overlay images, including other PDFs
 * scale bars
 * borders around the map, with coordinates
 * outputting map layers as true PDF layers. This allows turning on &
off individual layers in a PDF viewer.

The addition of SVG symbol support makes things more scalable too...

Rob :)