I have MS4W installed and it works great.  We envision using it as WMS
for raster data.  One issue I am running into is trying to print large
maps in ArcGIS or MapInfo.  I get the WMS error message

WMS service exceptions:Service Error Description:
msWMSLoadGetMapParams(): WMS server error. Image size out of range,
WIDTH and HEIGHT must be between 1 and 2048 pixels.

I googled this and understand what's happening - but my question is how
to remedy this so that WMS is usable as a printable layer?  No clear
answer that I could find to the solution.

Can I increase the limit of 2048 pixels?  If so, how, is it in some
configuration file?  What are the drawbacks of doing so?

I have also decreased the resolution of my printout to 96dpi (matching
the RESOLUTION in my map file) and that works.  Can I change the
RESOLUTION in my map file to 300 (matching the default of the printers
and PDF writers)?

Michael Smith
Maine DEP/OIT