I have updated the original questionnaire and published it. Unfortunately
it got shot down almost immediately by Google+ Community moderator William
Jon McCann as polls are not allowed.

Does the marketing team have any spare advice for me on how to reach the
community before I start spamming distro forums?

Thank you, once again.