On 03/13/2017 10:01 AM, Mike Saunders wrote:
Hi Tim,

Apologies for the late reply.

On 02/03/2017 19:25, Tim---Kracked_P_P---webmaster wrote:
Do we have any videos that can be used in a "public" info session that
uses 720p or 1024p HD monitor/projectors?
The "This is LibreOffice" video provides a short introduction to the
software and community, and is available in 720p:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KC0ZdcA6s8

So is there any good Presentations or Videos out there for a public info
session?
In terms of presentations, you can find recently updated ones here:

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Marketing/Material#Presentations

They cover different topics like LibreOffice, ODF, migration and
certification. Hopefully one of those will be useful!

Mike

No Worries

I have to wait for a bit before I start using the presentations. I had some minor back surgery Monday of last week. Have to really baby the back for a few weeks, and carrying an 8 foot wide/long projection screen is not something I want to do right now. As soon as I can I will look into preparing a presentation for "the locals". This will be "fun" since I do not use much of LO's features. I hardly use Calc, Impress, and not at all for Base. I do some work with Writer, but not even half of the features for it. Having a really go migration presentation [Impress] and comparing MSO to LO presentation would be nice.

In preparation for this, and other needs, I bought a 2TB military grade "Shockproof" portable hard drive. That way I do not need to bring my best laptop to these meetings, IF I choose not to.

Besides, the weather in the east coast of the US just got weird. Record highs, then record lows, and starting tonight there is prediction of 10-15 inches of snow by Wednesday evening. We have barely had 2 inches total this winter. Being "disabled" or "impaired" does not bold well for shoveling the snow from around my car and its parking space. The housing facility will not plow/shovel closer than 3 to 5 feet to avoid any "claims" of damage to any car in their parking lot.