On 07/28/2017 11:08 AM, Daniel A. Rodriguez wrote:
I have been receiving emails from one of the Chinese domain registries.
Some company is trying to register LibreOffice-na.cn and most of the
LibreOffice-na.com.cn - where "COM" is changes to ORG, NET, and others.
I have been told by the registry that this Chinese company is avid that
they want to have all of the possible LibreOffice-NA domains and want that
registry to force me to give up my LibreOffice-NA.US domain since it is
their "company keyword" or trademark.  Since I have had my domain for
several years, and this Chinese company is just starting up - so I believe
from the emails - so I have the "keyword" and "fair-use trademark".
SO, have anyone in this list know of any Chinese LibreOffice "company"
wanting to use LibreOffice-NA as part of their domain?
I use it myself and it is a shortened name meaning the following:

LibreOffice-NA.US

LibreOffice - North America - in the USA.

I really like to know what is going on with the info I am getting from
China stating that someone is trying to register my domain name and wanting
me to give it up.
Currently, I am not doing much with that domain, but hope to have some
add-ons for LibreOffice - like my specialized color palettes. I do have
some palettes created, but they are not quite ready for full publishing.
Also I need to remember where Win10 and Linux RPM "hides" the color
palettes.  I know where Linux DEB "hides" these files.
Tim L.
If your registration is not about to expire you have norhing to worry
about. If so, renew ASAP.

My two cents.

Best

I have all of my domains set to auto renew, just in case I forget to renew after I get a renewal notice.

It seems that the Chinese registry feels I may have troubles.

I just want to fine out what is going on. It seems to be a Chinese company wanting to deal with LibreOffice in some way. So I thought someone here might know something about this Chinese company.