On 21/09/2014 Jorg Schmidt wrote:
From: Peter Hagen [mailto:pe...@willow-media.nl]
http://www.officebestellen.nl/
someone already looked up the Chamber of Commerce number and
it seems to be fake also.
Thank you, but I can see no difficulty, because it is neither prohibited
OpenOffice for sale, nor the web site provides a reference to a license
violation.
Does anyone here have a different opinion?

I can't share details, but this has been under investigation for some months (yes, trademark issues take long, unfortunately, especially against "smart" guys). What Joerg writes remains mostly correct: it is possible to resell unmodified copies of virtually all free software. But this site is not allowed to use our trademarks, which include the icons with gulls.

Note that since this company is (obviously) totally unaffiliated with the OpenOffice project we have no idea of what they are selling: it could be OpenOffice, or OpenOffice with removed/added functionality, or OpenOffice plus some spyware/malware, or something unrelated to OpenOffice, or whatever.

(For example, you can find also on Ebay lots of offers for OpenOffice.) ...

Yes, but for those we ask that they respect the guidelines set in http://www.openoffice.org/distribution/ (and again, if everybody on the market stuck to the rules life would be much easier, but reality is different).

Regards,
  Andrea.