Am 12/30/2014 11:24 AM, schrieb Marcus:
Am 12/30/2014 10:31 AM, schrieb Andrea Pescetti:
david ong wrote:
One suggestion is to make the headling for the search result to include
"Official page", instead of small print.

Good catch. We did it, for example, for the Italian site
http://www.openoffice.org/it/
but indeed not for the English one
http://www.openoffice.org/

I hope someone can soon fix it, unless there are SEO (or other) concerns.

we have done this already with the download webpage [1] as we thought
the people searching for where to download OpenOffice. So, the search
result is reflecting this already [2] with the first rank.

However, to do this also with the initial homepage [3] is a good idea -
especially when the search doesn't include the "download" term. ;-)

I'll take care about this.

[1] http://www.openoffice.org/download/
[2] http://www.google.de/search?q=openoffice+download
[3] http://www.openoffice.org/

done.

IMHO we need to wait a few days until Google puts the updated webpage into its search index.

Marcus