This sounds like a great solution. All participants in Open Office are
volunteers, and I am fairly new to the project.
As Open Office is open source, you have permission to use it in your API.
I'm not sure what the policy is regarding for-profit usage.  You can check
here:
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/GNU_Lesser_General_Public_License
Here is a another useful page:
http://www.openoffice.org/about/index.html#licenses
Here is the policy regarding using the Open Office logo:
http://openoffice.apache.org/trademarks.html

Susan Carroll Creative
Ambidextrous Marketing Communications
125 E. Bettlewood Ave.,