On 01/08/2016 Natasha Mencher wrote:
We are specifically requesting a donation of the following materials for future
versions of the eGranary Digital Library:
Apache OpenOffice, located athttps://www.openoffice.org/
Please indicate the type of permission you wish to allow when responding to
this message.

It seems that you don't need an explicit permission for the use of OpenOffice you would like to make: Apache OpenOffice is free software, distributed under the Apache License, version 2.

This very liberal license allows free redistribution in binary or source form. You can find a FAQ at http://www.apache.org/foundation/license-faq.html and the full license text at http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0.txt

I believe you will conclude that the license terms are enough and that you don't need an explicit permission beyond it. But if you have doubts feel free to contact us again. Use the dev list (I'm moving other lists to BCC to avoid useless traffic) or contact the OpenOffice PMC directly as instructed on this page: http://openoffice.apache.org/trademarks.html

Regards,
  Andrea Pescetti - Apache OpenOffice PMC member.