Dear Marine Mammal scientists,

We are pleased to announce the 21st Annual Meeting of the Northwest Student
Chapter of the Society for Marine Mammalogy (NWSSMM) will take place in
Vancouver, BC at the University of British Columbia on May 6-7, 2017.

Saturday May 6th will involve a full day of student oral and poster
presentations, in addition to a Philosopher’s Café to encourage discussion on
hot topics in marine mammalogy. This will be followed by a group dinner. On
Sunday May 7th we will be organizing a tour of the Vancouver Aquarium (price
will depend on the number of attendees).

Registration is now open and we encourage students of any level (grad, high
school, college students, and post-docs) to present their research. We
encourage presentations of research at all stages, including proposal
presentations and/or preliminary results.

The cost for attendance is TBA (max 20$ CAD) and will include breakfast,
snacks, and lunch. We invite you to join us for dinner and drinks Saturday
evening after the meeting!

Abstracts are due by APRIL 1st and registration will be accepted up to the day
of the meeting.

Register and submit your abstract at: https://goo.gl/forms/deYxcNWYjEQEHiYD2

Limited housing with student hosts will be available on a first-come
first-serve basis. Please indicate on your registration if you would like to be
considered for accommodations.

**Housing requests will be accepted until April 1st.**

We look forward to seeing you in Vancouver!

Hassen, Aaron, Selina and Rhea

NWSSMM Meeting Organizers
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/events/941465349316782/