Dear MARMAM Community,

I am currently working on an undergraduate research project at the
University of Alaska Southeast involving killer whales in the Juneau,
Alaska area. Despite the fact there have been numerous studies detailing
the occurrence of killer whale ecotypes in Southeast Alaska, there is not
much information on what kind of killer whales are found in the Juneau
area. The goal of this study is to determine which killer whale ecotypes
are found in Juneau and which ecotype is seen most often.

As I am unable to do a long-term field survey on the killer whales in this
area, I am relying upon photos that the public, whale watching vessels, and
other researchers have taken of killer whales in Juneau.

If you have any photos of killer whales in Juneau that were taken in the
years 2012-2016, I would love if you could email them to me at
emmaluc...@gmail.com with the following information:

   - Date photo was taken
   - Location photo was taken (GPS coordinates are preferable)
   - Number of animals in the group

It is preferable that the the photos show the left side of the whales, but
it is not required. The saddle patch and dorsal fins should be visible.

Thanks in advance for any help!

-Emma Luck