Dear MARMAM community,

On behalf of my coauthors, I am pleased to announce the recent publication of our note in Marine Mammal Science:

Adame, K., M.A. Pardo, C. Salvadeo, E. Beier, F. Elorriaga-Verplancken (2017) Detectability and categorization of California sea lions using an unmanned aerial vehicle. Marine Mammal Science. DOI: 10.1111/mms.12403.

The study provides functions for correcting the abundance estimations of California sea lions made from boat-based counts, by comparing them with those made from photographs taken by a drone. It also highlights the categorization bias of the traditional counting method in the Gulf of California.

You can get the PDF reprint of the note directly from the journal's site at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/mms.12403, or upon personal request to the authors at: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/313903846_Detectability_and_categorization_of_California_sea_lions_using_an_unmanned_aerial_vehicle

Kind regards,

Mario A. Pardo
CICESE - Unidad La Paz
CONACYT Research Fellow
Miraflores 334, La Paz, BCS 23050, Mexico
Phone: +52(612)1213031 Ext. 28116