Become a Sea Life Park Intern

Sea Life Park Hawai'i offers several types of un-paid internship opportunities
near Honolulu, including: Marine Mammal Care & Training, Seabird Care &
Rehabilitation, Veterinary Technician, and Educator Experiences. Many interns
receive course credit for their internships. We will be happy to work with your
college or university to develop a program tied to your academic goals.

Our internships are ideal for students who love marine animals and want
hands–on experience working with them. Internships may also involve individual
research projects. Those working within the marine mammal departments will also
have the opportunity to gain in-depth knowledge of animal training through a
unique phase training
________________________________
program. This allows individuals to familiarize themselves with the training
techniques and
________________________________
terminology used at Sea Life Park Hawai'i. All of our animal related
internships require our interns to participate in food preparation for the
animals of the park, so applicants must be
________________________________
comfortable working with frozen fish.
Internship Opportunities
Experiences

Marketing & Sales Experience
Interns will gain experience and assist the Marketing Manager & Group Sales
Manager with the assembly of marketing campaigns and materials and
administrative duties for all Sea Life Park local promotions & group events.
Marketing interns will assist in the coordination of print advertisements,
online advertisements, and photo and content upload to Sea Life Park’s Facebook
page when needed. Interns will provide assistance where needed for film shoots,
group events, and administrative tasks.

Photo & Video Experience
Interns will gain experience operating both photo and DVD equipment to produce
images of guests during their interactive programs and luaus. Interns will
capture photos and videos of guests with dolphins, sea lions, sting rays, and
even sharks! Interns will have the opportunity to be trained by an experienced
team; while learning how to edit photos, videos, and maintain equipment.

Aloha Experience
Aloha interns will get to work primarily with dolphins. These interns have the
opportunity to assist with dolphin training, husbandry, interactive programs,
and observe some of our younger dolphins learning new behaviors. If your main
focus is dolphins and learning about guest interactions, this is the internship
for you!

Lagoon Experience
Dolphin Lagoon interns will work with dolphins and sea lions involved in our
shows, exhibits, and interactive programs. These interns get to assist in
training, husbandry, and interactive sessions with dolphins; as well as learn
basic showmanship and show production skills during the daily Sea Life Park
Hawai'i Dolphin Lagoon Show. Interns also assist in the daily training, care,
and educational presentations with our sea lions and penguins.

Hawaiian Experience
Interns in the Hawaiian Experience get to assist with husbandry, training, and
shows involving our dolphins, sea lions, and penguins. Interns may also assist
with basic husbandry of our Hawaiian monk seal, and help trainers during our
sea lion interactive program. If you are interested in shows, and have a love
for sea lions this is the internship for you!

Educator Experience
Education interns will work with our in-house and outreach education programs.
In our classroom, interns have the opportunity to assist with program
instruction and curriculum development at the elementary, middle, and high
school levels. Interns also participate in park activities, the development of
educational and interactive displays, and community programs. This experience
allows interns to participate in a wide variety of activities, as well as learn
all of what Sea Life Park Hawaii has to offer.

Veterinary Technician Experience
Interns will work with a large variety of marine mammals, as well as penguins,
sea turtles, reef fish, and seabirds. In our veterinary department, interns
assist our staff with the husbandry and treatment of all animals housed in the
park. Interns also help with lab procedures, sample processing, and record
keeping.

Wings Experience
Interns work with a large variety of healthy and rehabilitating seabirds. At
our Seabird Sanctuary, interns assist in the husbandry and treatment of
non-releasable species of seabirds. At our Seabird Rehabilitation Center,
interns help our veterinary staff with seabird medical treatments, husbandry,
and reintroduction into the wild.

Internship Program Candidate Requirements

Candidates must:
1.    Be at least 18 years of age
2.    Be enrolled in or have graduated from a university or college
3.    Commit to the full internship time period
4.    Be able to financially support her or himself (Internships are un-paid,
but lunches are included daily).
5.    Have strong swimming skills and be physically able to work in in-water
interactive programs with marine mammals and other species
6.    Be comfortable with public speaking
7.    Be comfortable handling frozen fish

Accepted applicants must:
1.    Attend all required seminars and training courses
2.    Commit to a minimum of 40 hours per week (including nights and weekends)
3.    Be able to lift 50lbs.

Applications Submissions

Application Packets must include:
1.    Application
2.    Two letters of recommendation
3.    College transcript(s) – an unofficial copy is fine
4.    Statement of interest
5.    CV or resume

Statement of Interest
Please include a 1–2 page typed statement of interest that explains your
reasons for applying, your background information, your interests, your
academic and field related experiences, and your personal goals for the Sea
Life Park Hawai'i internship.

Submission Instructions
To apply for a Sea Life Park Hawai'i Internship Program, download and complete
the application below, attach all required materials, and mail to the address
below or to:
educat...@sealifeparkhawaii.com <mailto:educat...@sealifeparkhawaii.com> .
Download Internship
application<http://www.sealifeparkhawaii.com/sites/sealife.com/files/2017%20Intern%20Application1.pdf>

Education Supervisor
Sea Life Park Hawai'i
41-202 Kalaniana'ole Highway #7
Waimanalo, Hawai'i 96795

**Be sure to save a copy of your application. Your application will not be
processed unless your transcripts, letters of recommendation, resume, and
statement of interest are included. Due to the high number of applicants, you
may not be accepted into your first internship choice.

Internship Availability Dates

Period

Dates

Application Deadline

Fall 2017

August 8, 2017-January 9, 2018

May 12, 2017

Respectfully,

Kandace Campbell
Education Supervisor
Sea Life Park Hawaii
41-202 Kalanianaole Hwy #7
Waimanalo, Hawaii 96795

Office: 808.259.2512
Fax. 808.259.7373
Email:
kandace.campb...@sealifeparkhawaii.com<mailto:kandace.campb...@sealifeparkhawaii.com>
[HeartDolphinLogo]
P E mālama `āina ma mua o kau pa`i `ana i kēia leka uila.
Care for the land before you print this electronic message.
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE (To Palace employees and outside parties):  This email,
and any attachment to it, contains attorney-client privileged and/or
confidential business information intended only for the use of the intended
recipient of this email.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that reading, using, or disseminating this email, or any attachment to
it, is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this email in error, please
immediately notify the sender by return email and then delete the original and
any copies of this email, and any attachments to it, from your system.  If you
are a Palace Entertainment employee, this email may not be disseminated or
discussed with anyone outside of Company management without the consent of the
General Counsel.  Thank you.