Good Morning,
We would like to draw your attention to the following job posting for an
Assistant Scientist:
https://um.hodesiq.com/job_detail.asp?JobID=5467753&user_id=&ViewAll=
The Cooperative Institute for Marine and Atmospheric Studies (CIMAS) of the
University of Miami invites applicants for an Assistant Scientist position in
Marine Biology and Fisheries.  This position is situated at the NOAA Fisheries
Southeast Fisheries Science Center Protected Resources and Biodiversity
Division located in Miami, FL.

We seek an experienced and productive researcher to join our group and
participate in a project to assess the abundance and spatial distribution of
marine mammals along the Gulf of Mexico coasts.  The SEFSC Marine Mammal
Program conducts intensive data collection using aerial and large vessel
surveys to obtain data on the seasonal abundance and spatial distribution of
marine mammals and sea turtles.  The incumbent will use this newly collected
data and historical databases to develop seasonal spatially explicit habitat
models for marine mammals to support environmental planning and impact
assessments by a variety of agencies.

Applicants must have a Ph.D. in Marine Biology, Biology, Oceanography, Ecology,
Statistics or other related fields along with at least 1 year of post-doctoral
experience.  The position requires experience with statistical analysis to
investigate species-environment relationships, management of large datasets,
and production of GIS products.  Applicants with experience in conducting
studies of marine mammal habitats and abundance are preferred.

Apply on line at: www.miami.edu/careers<http://www.miami.edu/careers>.
Curriculum Vitae and the contact information for 3 people who can provide
letters of recommendation are required.

Thank you.