#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

On 2/7/17 10:30 AM, from_alamut--- via Marxism wrote:

black bloc is a tactic not an organization. There have been white overall
blocs, clown blocs, radical cheerleading blocs, etc.

I don't think that clown blocs are a problem even though some people are frightened by clowns. Anyhow, whether it is a group or a tactic, it is fucked up. Knocking over garbage cans, setting bonfires and breaking windows has nothing to do with the entire history of Marxism. It is a variant on the anarchist propaganda of the deed. I have developed an enormous respect for anarchism over the past 5 years, largely because the comrades never gave an inch to the crypto-Stalinism that allowed so many on the left to back Assad but that does not mean that the black bloc tactic is anything but infantile ultraleftism.