#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

On 2017-02-13 16:58, DW via Marxism wrote:
http://blog.safecast.org/2017/02/no-radiation-levels-at-fukushima-daiichi-are-not-rising/

David is right: the article Dennis posted is sensationalist and in most respects inaccurate or misleading. I think nuclear power is a bad idea, but you don't argue against it effectively by adopting propaganda that can be easily disproven. The radioactive material remaining at the reactor that they are trying to entomb (the safest thing to do with it!), may well be dangerous to anyone remaining in the area and to the groundwater, if it's leaking. Any concern involving that amount of material contaminating the pacific ocean displays an utter inability to appreciate the vastness of the ocean and its incredible volume of water. One who is interested in the details of a radioactive accident (or any other physical system) should rather seek an article written by a qualified scientist, not by an author whose impressive qualifications are listed as "over 40 years experience in theatre, radio, TV, print journalism, and non-fiction, including 20 years in the Vermont judiciary." I mean, really.....

- Jeff