#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

Good comments on this issue by everyone. Always nice to see. Les, thanks
for the correction from the second paragraph. Yes...I also missed this. Ugh.

Still...I think the article is somewhat sensationalist especially give, as
the article notes, there is nothing new here. They are, still,
sensationalist, I think. Given that it's inside an reactor, even without a
critical (meaning it's not fissioning) reactions occurring, 'estimates' of
the radiation levels ARE quite high even before "proof". The problem here
is that they are not using Geiger counters. They are using a camera that is
very imprecise (up or down) in determining the levels of radiation. I think
this is one of the reasons TEPCO hasn't announced radiation 'levels'
previously. That the robots get fried is not surprising at all given the
levels of radiation inside or near the core. I just don't think there is
any real news here worth *worrying* about...the article is full of 'worry'.
Seems overblown to me.

David