#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

On 3/17/17 6:57 AM, Chris Slee via Marxism wrote:
I agree with Michael that the Assad regime has killed more people
than the rebels.  A major reason for this is that the regime has a
lot of high-tech weapons that the rebels don't have.  If they had
similar weapons they might be doing similar things.

Chris, are you being serious using an argument like that? I expected better. If that is your argument, I just wonder when it doesn't apply. Surely the difference in actual killing power you refer to might have something to do with the difference in actual power, and thus have some bearing on the very nature of the conflict? No? OK, then let's try this:

I agree with Chris that the Turkish regime has killed more people
than the PKK.  A major reason for this is that the regime has a
lot of high-tech weapons that the PKK doesn't have.  If they had
similar weapons they might be doing similar things.