#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

I have noticed, there's nothing on recent events in Belarus on Marxmail. However, there are serious reasons to watch Belarus closely, as it may become another "weak link".

Recently, the people of Belarus have been protesting the unemployment tax (https://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/apr/16/belarus-fine-unemployed-social-parasite-law).

The government responded with harsh repressions. Hundreds of protesters have been arrested. Hundreds more were arrested today, after trying to celebrate the Freedom Day in the streets of Minsk (http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39393351).

However, opposition activists from Belarus whom I follow on social media are not intimidated. According to them, the population by and large is sympathetic towards the protests and anti-government sentiment only grow.

This may well be another revolution in Europe and maybe a war, as Putin will hardly tolerate another mess on Russian border.