#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

Ugh...there are dozens of novels like this written for the burgeoning
dystopian genre of sci-fi. I will admit as a guilty pleasure I read these
novels now and again...and have for 30 years. This novel is one in a very,
very long line of similar novels and short stories. Most are written from a
right-wing, Islamcists-infiltrate-our-country-to-eat-our-children sort of
perspective to the extreme "Turner Diaries" some of you know about as a
bible for the "White America" rising up against Jews and
people-of-color-liberal-elites. But not all are written this way, some show
the same sort of effects this novel does but the bad guys are the bigoted
people who like Trump and his supporters drive America into a Fascist
future of darkness. I see this novel as no different than these, really.

BTW...along these lines, Margaret Atwood's "A Handmaid's Tale" is coming to
streaming video as a series on Hulu. This is 27 years after the full length
movie staring Natasha Richardson (who, I believe, is Vanessa Redgrave's
daughter), Faye Dunaway and Robert Duvall. I had read the novel and then
saw the film but was very disappointed. I suppose they did the best they
could with an anemic budget.

David Walters