#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

"a war of everyone against themselves"
Of major importance to revolutionaries is the increasing prospect that every
measure, every act of political and social depravity of the capitalists and
their government becomes more difficult to mobilize against. It is really no
wonder that the "established left", young and old, has remained so ineffectual
in connecting with emerging movements and our ability to help galvanize these
actions with mass action-oriented leadership. The next several actions, 4/15
(yesterday), 4/21, 4/29, and May day will be important to watch.
As always has been true, getting out in the streets has become the necessary
point of departure. However, NOT the "small but spirited" type of the sectarian
left, but of the messy more limited political type that mark the naivete and
emerging thinking of the masses. I believe today that if we are not out there
with people who are shouting "release your taxes" and deliberately explaining
how such demands are not enough (rather than, for example, just writing posts
on FB about it, helpful as that may be) then we will continue to see the
"correctness"of our perspective fall on deaf ears. We need to find a way to the
"commons". Otherwise, the working class will stay atomized subservient to the
liberal (and later the reactionary) bourgeois. Amazing the small lessons we can
find in history. For wasn't that the essential lesson of Russia 1905 to 1917?