#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

Your main point is well taken, but the Chartists/Occupy analogy is a big
stretch. The Chartists - described by Lenin as “the first broad, truly
mass, and politically organised proletarian revolutionary movement” - persisted
over more than a decade, presented a coherent program of democratic
demands; organized mass strikes, marches and petition campaigns; and
published a weekly newspaper, *The Northern Star*.  Occupy ... well, not so
much.

In any case, we would do well to study the Chartists at least as closely as
we do Lenin and the Bolsheviks. One place to start -
http://www.versobooks.com/blogs/2042-the-dignity-of-chartism-on-the-legacy-of-dorothy-thompson

Go read about the Chartists which Marx and Engels hailed as the first