#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

1967 was NOT a war over the survival or existence of Israel

http://mondoweiss.net/2017/06/provoked-fighting-survival/?
utm_source=Mondoweiss+List&utm_campaign=df35f004dd-RSS_
EMAIL_CAMPAIGN&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_b86bace129-
df35f004dd-309258102&mc_cid=df35f004dd&mc_eid=894828857e

"(a) The New York Times quoted Prime Minister Menachem Begin`s (1977 - 83)
August, 1982 speech saying: `In June, 1967, we had a choice. The Egyptian
Army concentrations in the Sinai approaches do not prove that (President
Gamal Abdel) Nasser (1956 - 70) was really about to attack us. We must be
honest with ourselves. We decided to attack him.’

(b) Two-time Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin (1974 - 77 and 1992 - 95) told
French newspaper Le Monde in February, 1968: `I do not believe Nasser
wanted war. The two divisions which he sent into Sinai on May 14 would not
have been enough to unleash an offensive against Israel. He knew it and we
knew it.’

(c) General Mordechai Hod, Commander of the Israeli Air Force during the
Six-Day War said in 1978: `Sixteen years of planning had gone into those
initial eighty minutes. We lived with the plan, we slept on the plan, we
ate the plan. Constantly we perfected it.’

(d) General Haim Barlev, Israeli Defense Forces (IDF) Chief told Ma`ariv in
April 1972: `We were not threatened with genocide on the eve of the six-day
war, and we had never thought of such a possibility.’
http://www.zmag.org/znet/viewArticle/15348
<http://www.zmag.org/znet/viewArticle/15348>
On Sun, Jun 4, 2017 at 10:35 AM, Louis Proyect via Marxism