#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

Yes, because there were actually no charges of corruption against President
Dilma. They accused her of using a practice in dealing with the federal
budget that was a very common practice, used by all presidents before her,
so they had to come up with an excuse to impeach her, and that’s why we
called this a parliamentary coup.

And the main reasons for the impeachment were, first of all, to stop
investigations of corruption; now we have the most corrupt politicians in
power, that are facing very serious accusations of corruption. And also to
implement austerity measures, cuts in social programs, dismantling the
pension system, labor laws. Those changes were rejected by voters, so the
only way for them to implement those measures was to impeach President
Dilma and establish an illegitimate government, and this is what we have
now in Brazil.

http://fair.org/home/this-is-the-only-way-to-restore-democracy-in-brazil/