#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

I think I will recall for the rest of my days, the morning I booted up the
computer and tuned into Novara Media's live streaming on the British
election.  It was about 5.30 here in Elcho Island. We had the solemn David
Dimblebly face look at Big Ben as it ticked towards when they could release
the exit poll result.  And there it was - a hung parliament.   All hell
broke loose on the Novara set. And I did a rather stiff jig myself around
the computer. Not too shabby for a 75 year old I like to think.
So what now?  Richard Seymour has an excellent piece on the TLS site and I
have nothing to add to that.

But I will say, that I think what happened in Britain will have a
radicalising effect on the Labor Party here in Australia.  It is just
beginning to dawn on the right wing of the social democratic parties that
they are the ones who are unelectable. They have not all got there yet, but
opportunists as they are they will tag along eventually for the salaries.
Blairism is Dead and Satan's Big Helper Lord Mandelsohn will now plot in a
vacuum.  Even the moderates will not be listening.

So it is the good news.   But Michael Roberts'  latest blog is a well timed
reminder. The struggle to get rid of capitalism (not only in its neoliberal
manifestations) will not be an easy one.

Bur for the moment rejoice. Neoliberalism is dying in the night. Ring out
will bells and let it die.

comradely

Gary

Virus-free.