#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

On 8/8/17 1:33 PM, Jeff wrote:

And further, there can be a rather tenuous connection with reality whenever we talk about the "ruling class thinks" this or that. First, you can't assume that the ruling class knows exactly what's in its best interests.

Of course you can. Just read the NY Times and the Washington Post (owned by the richest man in the world).

Fascism is fundamentally about counter-revolution. When was the last time we had anything resembling a revolution? You don't need fascist gangs to evict people from Zuccotti Park after all when the NYC cops acting under a court order does the trick.