#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

In brief, our new findings reveal an extreme level of inequality in Russia and a
persistent concentration of rent-based resources—which are unlikely to be the
best
recipes for sustainable development and growth. While our results have
implications
for the growth and convergence prospects of Russia (and more broadly for the
role of
policies, institutions, and ideology in inequality dynamics), we stress that
the present
paper is essentially focused on measuring inequality and explaining how the
various
existing sources can be combined. Our modest objective is to make explicit what
we
know and do not know about inequality in Russia, and to put Russia’s inequality
trajectory in historical and comparative perspective. More data is required
before we
can make further progress in interpreting the findings.

http://gabriel-zucman.eu/files/NPZ2017.pdf