David A. Ranch wrote:

> >From the
> >masquerading machine itself, all services work with any IP address --
> >the problem is from the internal machine (192.168.1.2) through
> >masquerading (with TCP only?  ICMP (ping, traceroute) works to any IP
> >address).
>
> So the MASQ Linux box works fine but ALL Masqed machines cannot
> get out ANYWHERE or only to remote machines NOT directly connected
> to the ISP's network?

Right.  I have the following capabilities:

MASQ Linux box:
  can telnet, www, ftp, etc. anywhere.
  can ping, traceroute anywhere.

Masqed machines:
  can ping, traceroute anywhere.
  can telnet, www, ftp, etc. within ISP's network.
  cannot telnet, www, ftp, etc. anywhere else on the Internet.

  - Bill Herrington
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]