[EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I haven't been able to get IP masquerading to work with one
> application.

What application is that?

> Can anyone tell me, would the following allow ALL hosts access to not
> only my linux system but any other computers I have attached to it?
> (assuming I have routes set to these other computers from linux).

Your masq box is a firewall.  It will innately prevent anyone on the
public internet from reaching your private LAN.  In fact, that's the
main reason that you must use IP Masq in the first place; your private
LAN IP addresses are unknown to the global Internet, and the Internet
has no idea how to send you packets to reach your private LAN.  That is
why you must be masquerade as your public interface IP address in order
to reach the Internet at all.

> Lets say I have my linux box connected to the net with a dynamic IP
> address and someone wants to telnet to my other computer that uses
> 192.168.1.2 on a SLIP link to the linux box using 192.168.1.1 on the
> linux end.  Will the above let them do this?  Will they be able to
> access the 192.168.1.2 computer with the above?

The exact nature of your question is not clear to me, since you have
mentioned so many different connection points that I don't understand.
However, if you mean "Can a person on the global Internet telnet
directly to one of my boxes on my private LAN?" the answer is NO.  The
only way you can allow that to happen is by setting up port forwarding.

--
   [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Fuzzy Fox)      || "Nothing takes the taste out of peanut
sometimes known as David DeSimone  ||  butter quite like unrequited love."