>I´m using SuSE Linux 5.3 with a 2.0.35 Kernel and since a few days I have
>this msg in my syslog:
>
>blabla kernel: i_masq_new(proto=TCP): no free ports

Markus,

I suppose you are using some gaming engine like Game Spy, etc?
If so, stop doing so many refreshes.  What is happening is that
the application is opening up too many MASQ ports before the
first ones can time out.

Your options are:

        - stop doing so many refreshes
        - Lower your TCP MASQ timeouts
        - Change your program to use UDP and then apply the Loose UDP
                patch.

--David
|  David A. Ranch - Linux/Networking/PC hardware         [EMAIL PROTECTED]  |
`----- For more detailed info, see http://www.ecst.csuchico.edu/~dranch -----'