On 5 Feb 99, at 14:22, David Dionne wrote about
    "[masq] FTP and other services":

| Hey, I am running masq at home with a 192.168.1.0/24 network.  Everything
| seems to be working fine but ftp.  I seem to remember hearing something
| about ftp and mabey some other services that are affected as well.  Does
| anyone have any suggestions?

If you are talking about an ftp client running on a masqueraded
machine, talking to an external server, only passive mode will work
unless you load the ip_masq_ftp FTP masq module.

If you are talking about running an FTP server on a masqueraded
machine, you need to use port-forwarding (the IPPORTFW patch for
2.0.x kernels) to forward incoming connections correctly.  That will
enable external clients using non-passive mode to work.  But PASV
mode will not work for the external clients.  To support external
PASV mode clients, further patches to the kernel and the ip_masq_ftp
module are required.

- Fred Viles <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>