Rob:

I am building Matplotlib on my Mac with Python 2.5 Release Candidate 1.

We use this for our astronomical data-reduction software.

I saw your post on matplotlib-devel and I think I can help a bit. Here are some patches that get it to compile:

Please try these and if they seem to work, please post them to the matplotlib-devel list.

In any event, if you try these patches (or have otherwise solved your problem), then I'd like to know!

Thanks!

- boyd

Boyd Waters
Scientific Programmer