On Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 1:43 PM, Ryan May <rma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 1:11 PM, Darren Dale <dsdal...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 1:45 PM, Benjamin Root <ben.r...@ou.edu> wrote:
>>> Ok, I am still learning quite a bit about git, please bear with me.
>>>
>>> I am having difficulty completing a pull request that I opened.
>>
>> In general, I don't think we should close our own pull requests. It
>> short-circuits the review process.
>
> Agreed in principle. However, do we as devs want to get/give reviews
> on every change that fixes typos in the docs or fixes stupid bugs in
> examples? I think there's a point of diminishing returns.

I just want to throw out there that in the migration to github, we
never officially said we were going to switch the development process.
 In fact, we said the opposite. After the migration,  Jarrod suggested
the pull request workflow as espoused in gitwash, and I am happy to
experiment with it, but only to the extent that "it works", ie we are
getting fast enough code reviews and pull requests closed that
development is slowed significantly.  In our experience on sf, we
weren't doing a good job keeping up with submitted requests by
non-developers on the trackers, much less reviewing the core devs'
contributions.  Let he who thinks they can keep up with MD and JJ step
forward...

JDH