On Saturday 29 September 2007 10:50, Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 29, 2007 at 01:02:12AM -0500, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > Yes, interesting indeed.
> > Is this documented anywhere?
>
> no, as it is more a bug that happens to turn out positive. :)
> i guess anybody who uses selection in mcedit will figure out quite
> quickly that any type of syntax highlighting disappears from selected
> text. making use of this observation is kind of a no-brainer for me.

I just tried last mc release candidate. I think I will like
this new way of tabs and trailing whitespaces being shown.

However, mouse selection is also useful, and it will be inconvenient
if one needs to mark it with F3 first to make tabs/dots diasappear
(twice as many keystrokes/clicks).

It will be ideal if Ctrl-W will work and will be mentioned in editr's
help screen.
--
vda