Hi all,

Built-in speakers on digital signage monitors are getting less and less
useable, to the extent that the speaker on our Samsung DB22D sounds about as
good as an old pair of apple earbuds sitting in a coffee can. They're the
definition of vestigial.

When installing proper speakers for a video installation is out of the question
(due to restrictions of budget or architecture), and headphones aren’t
appropriate, it seems like a soundbar could be a good option.

Has anyone had any experience with soundbars that you’d be willing to share?

My criteria for a good solution are probably similar to yours:
Reliability — Can it run 24/7 unattended?
Ease of installation — wallmountable, with a small or built-in power supply
Aesthetics — slim and minimal, ideally with no visible buttons or lights
Audio fidelity — Ideally full-range, but this is least important, as just about
anything will sound better than the built-in TV speakers

Thanks in advance for any ideas,
George

––

GEORGE SCHAROUN