Forwarding to the MCN community:

[israel museum, jerusalem]<http://www.imjnet.org.il>
Amalyah Keshet
Head of Image Resources and Copyright Management
The Israel Museum, Jerusalem

        Tel: 972-2-6708064
        Cell: 972-54-6558768
        Fax: 972-2-6771340
        akes...@imj.org.il
        [Israel Museum, Jerusalem]
<https://www.facebook.com/pages/Israel-Museum-Jerusalem/5777654412>   The
Israel Museum, Jerusalem
<https://www.facebook.com/pages/Israel-Museum-Jerusalem/5777654412>
        www.imj.org.il<http://www.imj.org.il>

________________________________

With so many mind bogglingly terrible things unfolding now, NEA may seem
a small potato but it matters alot, far in excess of the money it spends.

Please check out the American for the Arts petition and send around to
anyone you know to ask people sign to preserve the NEA:

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/preserve-national-endowment-arts-and-national-endowment-humanities

Politicians in our time have mostly not been defenders of the arts. This
was not always so. Perhaps education was better in former times. In the
recent past, our leaders certainly had an appreciation for the arts.

Unlike our current president, John F. Kennedy was an incredible orator
(and writer). His eulogy for Robert Frost is a beautiful piece of work.

"If art is to nourish the roots of our culture, society must set the
artist free to follow his vision wherever it takes him. We must never
forget that art is not a form of propaganda; it is a form of truth... In
free society art is not a weapon and it does not belong to the spheres
of polemic and ideology. Artists are not engineers of the soul. It may
be different elsewhere. But democratic society - in it, the highest duty
of the writer, the composer, the artist is to remain true to himself and
to let the chips fall where they may. In serving his vision of the
truth, the artist best serves his nation. And the nation which disdains
the mission of art invites the fate of Robert Frost's hired man, the
fate of having "nothing to look backward to with pride, and nothing to
look forward to with hope."

Winston Churchill:
"The arts are essential to any complete national life. The State owes it
to itself to sustain and encourage them....Ill fares the race which fails
to salute the arts with the reverence and delight which are their due."

- David

--
David Wilk - Booktrix
Creative Management Partners LLC