Thanks for asking this Shyam -
I am also interested in hearing if anyone is considering .art as I am
getting pressure from my administration to purchase. The cost for the first
year is $299 (!!!) unless you want to be part of their "founders" scheme,
for which you have to agree to change your primary domain to the .art
domain (which seems crazy to me). Seems to me that it's mostly for-profit
galleries that are participating.

I have prepared an argument against, but would appreciate any of this
community's concrete advice/thoughts on why this is not something we should
pursue.

Thanks,
Susan

Susan Edwards