From: listsad...@lists.myitforum.com [mailto:listsad...@lists.myitforum.com] On
Behalf Of Wilcox, Kyle
Sent: Thursday, February 16, 2017 9:35 AM
To: mdtosd@lists.myitforum.com
Subject: [MDT-OSD] Deploy CBB or LTSB with MDT and how to update it

Hello MDTers!

Our school district has been using MDT to deploy Windows 7 and WSUS to update
Windows 7 for a couple years now.

Windows 10 has this new Windows as a Service thing and I am trying to figure it
all out. We have a working Windows 10 deployment in MDT, but we are still
trying to decide on a version. We could do Education but some have suggested
Enterprise LTSB. Microsoft says this is only for special purpose PCs that are
not running Office. What are the pros and cons of LTSB? Are any of you using it?

Also, how much control do you get over the updates to Windows 10 with WSUS? We
don't currently have SCCM, but I suppose it's an option in the future.

Thanks,
Kyle

--

Kyle Wilcox
Lead Technology Trainer for Westfield Washington Schools

WWS Portal<http://portal.wws.k12.in.us/>
Create a Help Desk
Ticket<http://helpdesk.wws.k12.in.us:8080/ehelpdesk/login.glml>
Technology Training Page<http://www.wws.k12.in.us/apps/pages/technologytraining>