Hi,

The company I work for uses several outsourced companies to deliver systems
imaged, with many of the applications already on the box.   A different method
or more standard method using MDT/SCCM is used for break fix.  I’ve been trying
to figure out the true costs accurately to compare what it would be to use
inhouse or at least on-site tech via SCCM/MDT integration from beginning to end.

The way they seem to calculate it now is that company charges x amount of
dollars per imaged pc.  The costs when it hits the network and time it takes
for the user to actually log in doesn’t come into that calculation.  They
simply see x dollar per pc, which the internal folks cannot really compete with
because they image the pc + deliver the pc + hand it over.

Is there any type of math formula anyone has seen that breaks this down that
can be used to explain or compare all these costs to management who are not
very technical?  I find that departments are so disconnected and partitioned
that they are only concerned with dropping the cost in their side, which could
inflate it in another so the true costs or TCO goes up for the company over
all.   I’d look into TCO calculators but they take many, many other aspects
into it and usually only have 1 number for deployment or support with no
calculation around how that number is found.

I’m guestimating that if it was done in house/on-site the cost should be less
because we already have to have all that in place for break fix anyway.