smita tangadkar <smit259@...> writes:

> Dear user,i installed meep with hdf5 but when i am running it with mpi
then it shows followig error.Please give me solution on it.  creating output
file "./ring-eps-000000.00.h5"...meep: creating output file
"./ring-eps-000000.00.h5"...
> not compiled with HDF5, required for HDF5 outputmeep: not compiled with
HDF5, required for HDF5 outputUsing MPI version 2.1, 1 processes Thanks in
advance.

Dear Smita,

hopefully, you have fixed the problem yourself. I face the same problem when
I try to run MPB on one of my computers and just realized that my previous
question does not make any sense (MPB works, it just cannot save results as
.h5 files).

Recently, I installed MPB and noticed that this error appears if HDF5
library and MPB were build using different compilers or wrappers. As far as
I remember, the HDF5 library has been compiled with mpicc and MPB has been
compiled with gcc. In this case MPB cannot use HDF5 library and MPB throws
the same error message "not compiled with HDF5, required for HDF5 output".
However I have compiled mpb-mpi with mpicc and it works well (can use HDF5
libraries and save .h5 files).

best wishes
pavel

p.s. sorry about the late answer - I just figured out this some time ago and
decided to report anyway.