A good logo has a story (the sea, the captain insignia), a good logo is
distinct and memorable (unlike any other), a good logo is legible and
scalable (in any size, with or without colors) and finally, a good logo
inspire ideas and feelings ( I'm the captain of my soul, in this case, I'
have the control of my device)

Create a logo is really hard, you need to put in a small place, the ideas
and the principles that you want communicate to the world, I think that
this logo (http://play.qwazix.com/grog/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/nemo3.png)
is close to reach these objectives, some aspects, like the colors or the
font are debatable, but I think that the concept behind this logo is the
correct.

Paulo

P.S. I'm the creator of the logo ;)

paulo arancibia | developer | realnorth