Hi,

It has been a while when I last posted something, sorry about the silence. Anyway here is a small status update what has been going lately and what will be happening in the near future.

== Merging some OBS projects ==

The content of following projects in MeeGo Community OBS have been merged to other projects and these projects have now been removed.

CE:Utils, CE:Apps:MTF, CE:MW:MTF, Project:MTF:*, DE:*

If you still have an old Nemo image that referred one of these projects those repository files should be now removed from /etc/zypp/repos.d/ directory without loosing any actual content.

== OBS and OBS Project name changes ==

I sent some time ago already a message about restructuring the nemo mobile. It has taken a lot more time than originally planned, but finally we are almost ready to take the new structure in use. Preparations for this restructuring has been ongoing for quite a while now, and new structure and processes are already mostly in place. With the restructuring also new obs will be taken in use, which means that active nemo development is moving from MeeGo Community OBS [1] to Mer Community OBS [2].

With the new structure also "stages", called stable, testing and devel, for QA will be taken in use in the future. From these stage projects developers are supposed to submit packages always to the one called devel project from which automated processes will move the packages forward when the QA steps are passed.

So following project renames will be done:

CE:MW:Shared -> nemo:<stage>:mw
CE:UX:MTF -> nemo:<stage>:ux
CE:Apps -> nemo:<stage>:apps
CE:Adaptation:* -> nemo:<stage>:hw:*

Example of full project name: nemo:devel:mw

Also in the future the repository names that builds are done are following same patterns on each repository so either latest_<arch> or next_<arch>. This depends on whether the target is compiling against the latest mer release or the next mer release [3].

After this change is done we will inform how you can change from the old nemo repositories to the new ones on your images. As well as when developer should start submitting packages to the projects in new OBS. For now use the old repositories still as the content will be synced there to the new obs before taking the new obs in use.

== New Patterns ==

We also introduced new patterns to nemo projects that are already usable. These patterns make it easier to download the new packages that are available in the repositories are automatically installed to new snapshots. For this step there isn't an UI application yet to do it so for now it needs to be done in cmdline with zypper:

zypper install -f -t pattern nemo-<DEVICE>

Here <DEVICE> is n900, n950, x86-generic or x86-vm depending on your setup. More information at [4].

== Image Snapshots ==

There haven't been a snapshot in a while, but this doesn't mean that updates haven't happened. You can still get the updates with zypper as guided in [4]. New snapshots will be available within a week (hopefully before the year changes ;)) stay tuned.

[1] https://build.pub.meego.com/
[2] https://build.merproject.org/
[3] https://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Vendor/Release_Structure
[4] https://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Nemo/Updating